Guide to KITAP (Kartu Ijin Tinggal Tetap/Permanent Stay Permit) in Indonesia
A status conversion of an Indonesian Immigration Permit is the changing of status of a Limited Stay Permit into a Permanent Stay Permit.
Indonesia's Limited Stay Permits may be converted into Permanent Stay Permits with the exception of a Special Immigration Facility Limited Stay Permit.
The status conversion of a Limited Stay Permit into a Permanent Stay Permit may be granted to a foreign national who can be included in the following categories:
- a capital investor who has invsted his/her capital in Indonesia;
- a rare expatriate expert in the field of science and technology;
- an expatriate expert in the position of top manager of an effective and efficient capital enterprise;
- a foreign church person;
- a foreign wife, to join her husband who is an Indonesian citizen or foreign national in possession of a Permanent Stay Permit, and has accompanied him for a long time in Indonesia;
- the foreign child(ren), under 18 (eighteen) years of age and single, to join parent who is an Indonesian citizen or foreign national in possession of a Permanent Stay Permit, and has accompanied parent for a long time in Indonesia;
- a foreign national in the framework of repatriation to regain his/her Indonesian citizenship;
- a foreign national who is beneficial to national development or other matters related to humanitarian considerations.
An application in triplicate for a status conversion shall be submitted to the Head of the Local Immigration Office whose jurisdiction covers the area of residence of the foreign national concerned.
- An application letter from the foreign national concerned and sponsor containing information concerning the purpose of the request for the conversion and a guarantee from the sponsor for the foreign national concerned during his/her stay in Indonesia until his/her exit from Indonesia;
- Original and photocopies of a valid national passport which includes personal data, the visa, and a Limited Stay Permit Card, showing that the foreign national has been residing in Indonesia for 5 (five) years continuously using a Limited Stay Permit and has never left Indonesia without a Re-entry Permit nor been overseas exceeding time limit granted;
- A Curriculum Vitae/Resume which contains information about family, educational background, and employment background of the foreign national;
- Proof to support the information about personal data and a recommendation from a related authorized institution;
- A marriage certificate and information concerning the identity of the husband for a wife to join a husband who is a citizen of Indonesia or a foreign national in possession of a Permanent Stay Permit;
- A birth certificate and information concerning the identity of the parent for a child(ren) to join parent who is a citizen of Indonesia or a foreign national in possession of a Permanent Stay Permit;
- The applicant must not be included on the blacklist or subject to Immigration Action.